Yandex launched "Split" which allows you to pay for purchases in installments

The Yandex team announced the launch of a new service that may be useful to many users. The split allows you to pay for purchases in installments.


When placing an order, the buyer pays 25% of the cost of the goods, and the remaining 75% is debited from the card in equal installments every two weeks. Split has already started working on Yandex.Market and will gradually connect with new partners.


As the developers note, despite the fact that the buyer pays in installments, the seller immediately receives the entire amount in full. As long as sellers can use Split for free, there will be a commission for them in the future. Yandex promises that for the buyer in Split there are no interest and commissions neither explicit nor hidden. Anton Zabannykh, head of financial services at Yandex, explained:

Split is not a loan. People spend their money, not the money of the bank, so they do not need to fill out forms and applications, wait for someone's approval. Our service allows you to buy what you have wanted for a long time without delay, and is well suited for financial planning. For example, if you have pledged no more than 7,000 rubles a month for free spending, and a new vacuum cleaner costs 14,000, you can buy it and stay within budget. "

Now, "Split" is available to a small part of users and only for purchases from sellers who use the Yandex.Market delivery service. With Split, you can buy goods in more than 20 categories, such as cosmetics, household appliances, and sporting goods. At this stage, a payment from 1,000 to 30,000 rubles can be divided into parts, but this limit may change over time.


Split is available in the web version of Yandex.Market and in applications for iOS and Android. The payment schedule can be viewed in your Yandex ID personal account.

3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All